Subject: bug#34458: 27.0.50; Gnus's nnimap truncates password

From: Amin Bandali <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 14:32:20 -0400

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>
> Is it possible that the server is truncating the password (before
> logging it, even)?  What IMAP server are you using?

I don’t think so…?  I use a local dovecot with a fairly typical
configuration [0], with sha512 of passwords stored in a separate file.

[0]: https://git.sr.ht/~bandali/dotfiles/tree/b1ed9ee8a3c507dd26df3d884fb0e15daef7da99/rc.org#L23

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>
> Unless you're using CRAM-MD5 as the auth method, but then you wouldn't
> see the password at all on the server side, I guess...

Right.  As far as I know, I am not.  I have been meaning to try and
edebug nnimap-login, but I’ve been super busy with school work lately,
and have barely had any free time.

Have you tried reproducing this on your end?