Subject: bug#34658: closed (bug#34454: Gtk upstream bug #1280 causes crashes in IceCat and Emacs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 08:54:05 +0000

Your bug report

#34454: Gtk upstream bug #1280 causes crashes in IceCat and Emacs

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
34454: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34454
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: bug#34454: Gtk upstream bug #1280 causes crashes in IceCat and Emacs
From: Bradley Haggerty <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 08:52:46 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thanks so much for taking a look at this. I was getting worried it would
never be solved since just a few of us were affected. I've updated and
everything seems to be in order. No more crashes from icecat, emacs,
pavucontrol, etc.

Subject: Emacs crashes
From: Carlo Zancanaro <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 11:49:07 +1100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I updated my Guix installation and user profile yesterday, and 
since then Emacs has started crashing. I've attached the output of 
running "emacs -Q".

I'm using my own branch of Guix that is based on 
089a2c51ff4d4d8ddd180001b25535019c0d35c0, but I haven't modified 
Emacs. As a workaround I am now using emacs-no-x-toolkit, which 
does not have this problem.

The output claims that it's a GTK bug, but I have not experienced 
it before today.