Subject: bug#34454: closed (bug#34454: Gtk upstream bug #1280 causes crashes in IceCat and Emacs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 08:54:04 +0000

Your bug report

#34454: Gtk upstream bug #1280 causes crashes in IceCat and Emacs

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
34454: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34454
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: bug#34454: Gtk upstream bug #1280 causes crashes in IceCat and Emacs
From: Bradley Haggerty <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 08:52:46 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thanks so much for taking a look at this. I was getting worried it would
never be solved since just a few of us were affected. I've updated and
everything seems to be in order. No more crashes from icecat, emacs,
pavucontrol, etc.

Subject: After an update, icecat now segfaults very quickly after opening.
From: Bradley Haggerty <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 04:16:27 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

user profile version: guix (GNU Guix)
d5612439178465cd5bda6c69b71d6afb652b83e5
icecat version: GNU IceCat 60.5.0
system profile version: guix (GNU Guix)
db7c901af1dfaaab2e12218759475a6e121ac3b7

I am able to launch icecat, but loading some sites (e.g. riot.im) or
trying to restore my session seem to make it segfault very quickly. I
even had a crash on the session restore page so now the session it
restores is just an empty tab and it still crashes. Icecat is installed
via my user profile, but I recently updated both system and user
packages. I don't recall the breakage/crashing until very recently, so
I suspect it is the user profile which more recently finished.