Subject: bug#34454: Icecat crashes after several seconds

From: Bradley Haggerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 12:28:56 -0600

GNU IceCat 60.5.0
guix (GNU Guix) a37bdf4289e9bb533907a6ee5c4c84e68e12c5b1
Fri Feb 15 12:15:29 CST 2019

After the problem the other day I rolled back to a previous working
generation. I've now updated and still had problems, so I'm back with
new crashes. I noticed it mentioned an environment variable to display
more info, so here are two crashes, the second one has it enabled.

icecat:3108): Gdk-ERROR **: 18:11:32.573: The program 'icecat' received
an X Window System error. This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
  (Details: serial 26875 error_code 8 request_code 2 (core protocol)
minor_code 0) (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported
asynchronously; that is, you will receive the error a while after
causing it. To debug your program, run it with the GDK_SYNCHRONIZE
environment variable to change this behavior. You can then get a
meaningful backtrace from your debugger if you break on the
gdk_x_error() function.) zsh: trace trap  icecat

(icecat:4060): Gdk-ERROR **: 18:16:33.014: The program 'icecat'
received an X Window System error. This probably reflects a bug in the
program. The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
  (Details: serial 10299 error_code 8 request_code 2 (core protocol)
minor_code 0) (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported
asynchronously; that is, you will receive the error a while after
causing it. To debug your program, run it with the GDK_SYNCHRONIZE
environment variable to change this behavior. You can then get a
meaningful backtrace from your debugger if you break on the
gdk_x_error() function.) Crash Annotation GraphicsCriticalError:
|[C0][GFX1-]: Receive IPC close with reason=AbnormalShutdown
(t=6.64841) [GFX1-]: Receive IPC close with reason=AbnormalShutdown
[Child 4208, Chrome_ChildThread] WARNING: pipe error: Broken pipe:
file /tmp/guix-build-icecat-60.5.0-guix1.drv-0/icecat-60.5.0-guix1/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_channel_posix.cc,
line 694 zsh: trace trap  icecat [Child 4108, Chrome_ChildThread]
WARNING: pipe error (3): Connection reset by peer:
file /tmp/guix-build-icecat-60.5.0-guix1.drv-0/icecat-60.5.0-guix1/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_channel_posix.cc,
line 342