Subject: Re: bug#34419: 27.0.50; [PATCH] Use lexical-binding in conf-mode.el

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 17:51:31 +0200

> From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 14:37:26 -0600
> 
> I'd like to apply the following patch to enable lexical binding in
> conf-mode.el.

Can you tell how did you test the result to make sure no bugs will be
introduced by lexical-binding in this package?  I see no test suite
for it.

> OK to apply to master, or should I split the documentation
> changes into a separate commit and apply it to emacs-26?

The changes to the documentation are too minor to bother splitting
them, IMO.

> (conf-align-assignments):
> (conf-quote-normal):
> (conf-mode-initialize): Fix documentation

There's no file name in this log message, and it is under-filled (did
you use change-log-mode?).  Also, our style is to say "Doc fix" or
"Docstring fix" in these cases.  Finally, please mention the bug
number in the log message.

Thanks.