Subject: bug#34419: 27.0.50; [PATCH] Use lexical-binding in conf-mode.el

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 16:10:52 +0200

> From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 07:26:36 -0600
> 
> > Thanks.  As a further nit, please mention the bug number in the log
> > message when you know it (as you usually do when posting a second
> > version of the patches).  Otherwise I need to add that manually with
> > "git commit --amend".
> 
> I'm not sure why this is so hard for me to remember, sorry. Will try
> harder in the future (including the attached patch!).

No sweat, it will come to you in time.

> > Here's the diagnostics from the failed test; can you spot the problem?
> 
> Have you changed `conf-assignment-column'?

No, I haven't.  I run this in batch Emacs, so no local customizations
are in effect.

> Here's a patch that sets it in the test:

Didn't help, same error.  This diagnostic:

      :value nil :explanation
      (arrays-of-different-length 21 55

gives a clue: one of the strings uses TABs to indent, the other uses
spaces.  Maybe bind indent-tabs-mode to the value you want when
running this test.