Subject: [bug#34398] [PATCH] gnu: Add python-backports-shutil-which.

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 23:02:04 -0800

On 2019-02-11, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> On 2019-02-11, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
>> On Fri, 08 Feb 2019 22:28:37 -0800
>> Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> +    (synopsis
>>> +     "Backport of shutil.which from Python 3.3")
>>> +    (description
>>> +     "Python-backports-shutil-which provides a backport of shutil.which from
>>> +Python 3.3")
>>
>> Why do we need this package?  We have Python 3.7.0.
>> Doesn't that contain the same module already?
>
> I found it odd as well, but I couldn't figure out how to get the newer
> versions of python-trezor-agent to build without
> python-backports-shutil-which without patching python-trezor-agent.
>
> I didn't spend too much effort looking into patching it; I'll take a
> little deeper look.

I don't see a need for this package anymore; I submitted an update for
python-trezor-agent/trezor-agent that fixes the issue without using
backports.shutil_which.

A slightly deeper look into: Lacking backports.shutil_which caused
"trezor-agent" to fail during tests as it tried to download the missing
library, but there was no mention of shutil_which at all in any of it's
code... turned out "python-trezor-agent" had an overly strict requires
on the backported.shutil_which, even though "python-trezor-agent"
supports the shutil_which included in newer python versions. Simply
removing the backports.shutil_which from "python-trezor-agent" requires
fixed the issue.

Thanks!

live well,
  vagrant