Subject: Re: please make line-move-visual nil

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:59:53 -0400

> From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
>         <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
>         <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
>         <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 16:23:50 -0700
> 
> > Emacs does not reformat text in Info buffers, except for the header
> > lines and the "bread-crumbs" lines.  The rest is shown as produced by
> > makeinfo from the Texinfo sources.
> 
> Info presents the _user_ with buffers formatted that way.

No, it does not.  It presents the text exactly as it is on disk, as if
it were a simple text file (well, almost; see above).  There's no
formatting anywhere.

We are probably miscommunicating, because I don't imagine you really
believe that Info buffers are formatted in any way.  They are free
text.