Subject: Re: bug#34354: Update python-biopython to 1.79, seqmagick to 0.8.4

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 12:04:04 +0200

Hi Arun,

On Sat, 16 Oct 2021 at 17:14, Arun Isaac <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> I have fixed this problem (on my local machine) by updating both
>> python-biopython and seqmagick. I will send patches soon.
>
> It turns out that updating python-biopython breaks too many other
> dependent packages. And, some of them take too long to reasonably build
> on my machine of relatively humble specifications. So, I'm afraid I have
> to bail out on this promise. Sorry!

Do we close this patch submission?  Since it was initially an update for
1.73 which is older than the current version.

And the update of 1.79 requires more work.  Therefore, is it worth to
keep this submission open?  I guess the update to 1.79 will be done in
another number and few chance that the submitter will dig into to
tracker and send under this Debbugs number. :-)

Closing?

Cheers,
simon