Subject: bug#3434: 23.0.91; Cursor face not changing

From: Adrian Robert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 22:27:27 +0700

On Apr 3, 2009, at 5:33 AM, Chong Yidong wrote:

>> Although I am able to configure the cursor face using the usual
>> custumization tool, the real colors/face doesn't change.
>>
>> While the customization tool added to my .emacs the line:
>>    '(cursor ((t (:background "wheat" :foreground "black"))))
>>
>> under the faces configuration command, when emacs starts I get back
>> the original cursor colors (that are just annoying because I can't  
>> see
>> the character behind the cursor).
>>
>> Oh, This emacs is compiled by me, from cvs (about 15 days ago), under
>> MacOS/NS.
>
> I can't reproduce this, so it's likely a bug on NS.  Adrian, can you
> reproduce it?

I cannot.

Nikolaj Schumacher added later that:

> The same seems to happen for the region face.  The background color
> reverts to ns_selection_color sometime after the custom variables are
> read.  (It works when reading the custom settings again, later.)

I looked at the code and cannot see how this could be happening.  The  
region face is set to ns_selection_color in ns-win.el, but this  
should be overridden by .emacs read later.  This should have been  
cleared up by David Reitter's changes around 2009-03-14, though since  
the ChangeLog entries are incomplete it is difficult to be certain  
when the last broken code was removed.

Anyway, if you still observe these in a recent build let me know and  
I'll go on a more thorough witch-hunt.

thanks,
Adrian