Subject: bug#34335: closed (Re: bug#34335: 27.0.50; Tramp ssh hangs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 14:54:05 +0000

Your bug report

#34335: 27.0.50; Tramp ssh hangs

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
34335: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34335
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#34335: 27.0.50; Tramp ssh hangs
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: John Shahid <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 15:53:46 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

John Shahid <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi John,

> Actually, Emacs work with my config as expected.  I'm not sure why that
> was failing yesterday tbh.  Probably PEBKC.
>
> I think this bug can be closed, I will open a new one if I run into any
> issues.  Sorry again for the noise.

Thanks for reporting, I was already running out of ideas what could be
the problem. And no problem for the false alarm; usually it's *me* who
breaks something.

I'm closing the bug.

> Cheers,
> JS

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 27.0.50; Tramp ssh hangs
From: John Shahid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 09:31:43 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After pulling the recent Emacs master, I cannot use tramp with the ssh
anymore.  When I try to use it, Emacs just hangs until I quit
(i.e. C-g).  Attached tramp logs with 'tramp-verbose' set to 10.  I
tried this twice and attached the logs from both attempts.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.4)
 of 2019-02-05 built on amun
Repository revision: d05074b0f342b0a3b460affb076f616e8f51515c
Repository branch: wtf
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12003000
System Description: Arch Linux

Recent messages:
Tramp: Opening connection for dev using ssh...failed
Quit [5 times]
Mark set [2 times]
Saved text until "ration (expand-file-name /ssh:dev: nil)
"
(New file)
Mark set
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Saving file /home/jvshahid/broken-tramp-2...
Wrote /home/jvshahid/broken-tramp-2

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/jvshahid/bin/emacs-broken-tramp
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/jvshahid/.gvm/pkgsets/go1.11.1/global/overlay/lib/pkgconfig:'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER
LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  direnv-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-save-visited-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/jvshahid/.emacs.d/straight/build/jsonrpc/jsonrpc hides /home/jvshahid/bin/emacs-broken-tramp/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/jsonrpc
/home/jvshahid/.emacs.d/straight/build/flymake/flymake hides /home/jvshahid/bin/emacs-broken-tramp/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/progmodes/flymake
/home/jvshahid/.emacs.d/straight/build/cl-lib/cl-lib hides /home/jvshahid/bin/emacs-broken-tramp/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-lib
/home/jvshahid/.emacs.d/straight/build/let-alist/let-alist hides /home/jvshahid/bin/emacs-broken-tramp/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist
/home/jvshahid/.emacs.d/straight/build/seq/seq hides /home/jvshahid/bin/emacs-broken-tramp/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq
/home/jvshahid/.emacs.d/straight/build/cl-generic/cl-generic hides /home/jvshahid/bin/emacs-broken-tramp/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-generic

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils files-x noutline
outline time-date misearch multi-isearch cus-edit wid-edit cl-print
tramp-adb tramp-archive tramp-ftp tramp-gvfs zeroconf url-util dbus xml
help-fns windmove em-unix em-term term disp-table ehelp em-script
em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic
em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-cmd esh-opt esh-io esh-ext esh-proc
esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util helm-command
helm-elisp helm-eval edebug backtrace helm-info helm-mode tramp-cmds
parinfer-ext paredit parinfer ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff
ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff mode-local find-func
parinferlib dired-x dired dired-loaddefs paren battery cus-start
cus-load flx-ido flx floobits-autoloads highlight-autoloads
arduino-mode-autoloads ede/auto rust-mode-autoloads
flycheck-clojure-autoloads cider-autoloads sesman-autoloads
spinner-autoloads queue-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads
parinfer-autoloads paredit-autoloads ginkgo-mode-autoloads
go-rename-autoloads company-go-autoloads go-eldoc-autoloads
go-guru-autoloads go-mode-autoloads robe-autoloads inf-ruby-autoloads
rvm-autoloads eglot-autoloads flymake-autoloads jsonrpc-autoloads
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags multifile generator
xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-bbdb company
company-autoloads emms-autoloads pianobar-autoloads eshell-z-autoloads
cl helm-config helm-easymenu async-bytecomp helm-projectile helm-files
helm-tags helm-buffers helm-grep helm-regexp helm-utils helm-locate
helm-help helm-types helm helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match
helm-lib async helm-projectile-autoloads helm-autoloads
helm-core-autoloads popup-autoloads git-link-autoloads magit-autoloads
magit-popup-autoloads git-commit-autoloads exwm-randr xcb-randr
exwm-config ido exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage
exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core
xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug exwm-autoloads
xelb-autoloads cl-generic-autoloads tango-dark-theme warnings server
winner edmacro kmacro autorevert filenotify savehist time direnv dash
tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-compat
ucs-normalize shell pcomplete parse-time format-spec advice projectile
grep ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs direnv-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads async-autoloads edit-indirect-autoloads
concourse-mode-autoloads hierarchy-autoloads flx-ido-autoloads
flx-autoloads wgrep-autoloads flycheck-autoloads seq-autoloads
let-alist-autoloads dash-autoloads ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads
dockerfile-mode-autoloads s-autoloads yasnippet-snippets-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads protobuf-mode-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
yaml-mode-autoloads etags-select-autoloads projectile-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads debbugs-autoloads cl-lib-autoloads
finder-inf straight-autoloads rx compile comint ansi-color ring cl-extra
straight info autoload radix-tree lisp-mnt easy-mmode pcase subr-x
checkdoc thingatpt help-mode elec-pair mule-util package easymenu
epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 713776 347886)
 (symbols 48 32070 21)
 (strings 32 368608 41367)
 (string-bytes 1 30569209)
 (vectors 16 83760)
 (vector-slots 8 1936379 310074)
 (floats 8 165 841)
 (intervals 56 1503 1122)
 (buffers 992 33))