Subject: bug#34323: closed (Re: bug#34323: reproducibility: absolute file names in ox-odt.elc)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2019 11:34:02 +0000

Your bug report

#34323: reproducibility: absolute file names in ox-odt.elc 

which was filed against the emacs,org-mode package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
34323: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34323
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#34323: reproducibility: absolute file names in ox-odt.elc
From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Cc: Org Mode List <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2019 12:33:30 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> It's due to the eval-when-compile sections in org-odt-schema-dir-list
> and org-odt-styles-dir-list. These don't make sense to me. All they do
> is add the build directory. There is a comment "see make install", but I
> cannot see what this refers to. No similar variable initializes itself
> in this way AFAIK. If those sections are removed, does anything stop
> working?

I don't know. I removed `the `eval-when-compile' calls. We'll see what
horrible things happen.

I'm closing this bug for now. Thank you for reporting it.

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou

Subject: reproducibility: absolute file names in ox-odt.elc
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 18:05:21 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: emacs,org-mode
Version: 26.1.91
Severity: minor

The compiled file ox-odt.elc contains strings that refer to the
absolute location of the build directory, through
org-odt-schema-dir-list and org-odt-styles-dir-list.
For example, in the Emacs 26.1.91 pretest tarfile, it contains
"/home/nico/work/emacs-26/etc/schema/" and
"/home/nico/work/emacs-26/etc/styles/".
This means the generated elc file is non-reproducible (ie, the contents
change depending on the build directory).

(Like https://debbugs.gnu.org/34321, issued spotted in
https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/debian/rb-pkg/unstable/amd64/diffoscope-results/emacs.html
)