Subject: Re: bug#34317: 26.1.90; Wrong unbinding order in x_consider_frame_title

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 10:07:36 +0100

> The unbinding order in x_consider_frame_title is botched.  Hence,
 > while do_switch_frame will not resize the minibuffer window when the
 > frame of the title bar gets selected, it will still resize when the
 > old frame gets reselected in the unbind form.
 >
 > The behavior can be seen with emacs -Q evaluating the following two
 > forms in row:
 >
 > (make-frame '((minibuffer . nil)))
 > (y-or-n-p "\n")

Maybe it's not entirely clear from this description.  The

(y-or-n-p "\n")

form must be evaluated in the new, minibuffer-less frame.  Then the
minibuffer window in the first, minibuffer-equipped frame appears
empty.

 > The attached trivial patch cures it.  Obviously, there's no guarantee
 > that some other client relies on the wrong order.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?  This is a regression wrt Emacs 25.

Thanks, martin