Subject: Re: bug#34317: 26.1.90; Wrong unbinding order in x_consider_frame_title

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2019 15:00:31 +0100

> How about installing this on master?  Just please mention in the
 > comments the convoluted use case that caused the change in order, so
 > that we don't forget.

The use case is by no means convoluted.  Try 'y-or-n-p' with a single
line prompt that exceeds the minibuffer window width.  No feedback is
visible which is IMO a quite dangerous effect.  Missing a question is
bad.

Anyway.  I doubt that installing my change without accompanying
measures will work out of the box.  But first of all I'd like to know
whether your change was intentionally asymmetric (if so, why?),
experimentally asymmetric (which experiments did you conduct?), or
accidentally so (it's rather atypical of you to install asymmetric
behavior and not document it).

And obviously, all this evil has two roots: The fact that redisplay
may call 'select-frame' and the one that do_switch_frame always
shrinks the minibuffer window of the frame it leaves.  Together these
make debugging resize_mini_window calls a nightmare.

martin