Subject: bug#3430 closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#3430: 23.0.94; cannot enable two minor modes in .dir-locals.el)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 07:05:07 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#3430: 23.0.94; cannot enable two minor modes in .dir-locals.el

It has been closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
3430: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=3430
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#3430: 23.0.94; cannot enable two minor modes in .dir-locals.el
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 03:02:45 -0400

Fixed in trunk for 23.2

      * files.el (dir-locals-collect-mode-variables): Allow for any
        number of `mode' and `eval' entries.  (Bug#3430)

Subject: 23.0.94; cannot enable two minor modes in .dir-locals.el
From: Leo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 15:37:59 +0100

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

My LaTeX project setting looks like this:

((latex-mode . ((auto-fill-function . nil)
                (fill-column . 90)
                (mode . outline-minor)
                (mode . longlines)
                (coding . "latin-1"))))

i.e. I want to enable two minor modes for all .TeX files among other
things.

I start with Emacs -q and open a .TeX in that project, only longlines is
enabled. Do you think this is a bug? Thank you.

This is tested on GNU Emacs 23.0.94.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.7.0, NS
apple-appkit-949.46) of 2009-05-23 on 200.sub-75-216-116.myvzw.com

Leo