Subject: 26.1; ido-everywhere interferes with find-file

From: Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2019 12:26:21 -0800

emacs -Q

evaluate the following elisp:

(make-directory "/tmp/foo/bar/baz" t)
(require 'ido)
(ido-everywhere)
(find-file "/tmp/foo/bar/baz")
(call-interactively 'find-file)

Now type DEL C-f RET, which should open "/tmp/foo/bar/"
Instead, nothing happens

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.0.0, Carbon Version 158 AppKit 1671)
 of 2018-09-30 built on Fujinami.verizon.net
Repository revision: 8d7e58ce9f389d77323e0237c22c4e13cb68b8e7
Windowing system distributor 'Apple Inc.', version 10.14.4
Recent messages:
Checking 176 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp...
Checking 24 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/cedet...
Checking 57 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/calendar...
Checking 87 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/calc...
Checking 105 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/obsolete...
Checking 23 files in ~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/non-GPL3...
Checking 31 files in ~/.emacs.d/elhome/settings...
Checking 1 files in /Users/dave/src/a/amber/Aux...
Checking for load-path shadows...done
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --with-mac '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/#{version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules
 --enable-mac-app=/Users/xin/Factory/emacs/macos-build/emacs-source/mac_out
 --prefix=/Users/xin/Factory/emacs/macos-build/emacs-source/mac_tree'
Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS
Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-dired-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  me-minor-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  shell-command-with-editor-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mac-mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/compile hides ~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/non-GPL3/compile

Features:
(pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail gnus-dired
amber-project-settings skeleton cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs map eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe help-fns
radix-tree jka-compr hl-line checkdoc flymake-proc flymake compile
warnings whitespace fill-column-indicator modal flx-ido flx elec-pair
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
diff-mode magit-core magit-autorevert magit-process magit-margin
magit-mode git-commit magit-git magit-section magit-utils magit-popup
crm log-edit eudc eudc-vars message rmc puny format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log dash cus-edit+ cl page-ext ffap thingatpt
system-type-darwin-theme disp-table dired-x dired dired-loaddefs winner
which-func imenu paren with-editor async-bytecomp async shell pcomplete
comint ansi-color ring server mb-depth ido autorevert filenotify time
battery delsel autoinsert edmacro kmacro cl-extra help-mode initsplit
cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit find-func elhome use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key use-package-core bind-key easy-mmode finder-inf
gh-common marshal eieio-compat info advice package easymenu epg-config
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib mule-util time-date tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/mac-win mac-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote kqueue multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 368790 14274)
 (symbols 48 38218 0)
 (miscs 40 189 317)
 (strings 32 122076 4001)
 (string-bytes 1 3649794)
 (vectors 16 37777)
 (vector-slots 8 870889 18440)
 (floats 8 198 415)
 (intervals 56 520 0)
 (buffers 992 23))