Subject: ‘guix system disk-image’successfully builds a bad image

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 16:57:48 +0100

Hullo!

I wanted to install this ‘Guix’ thing that everyone's so hyped up 
about.

I have a small forgotten script in my ~/guix.git that runs:

  ./pre-inst-env guix system disk-image --fallback 
  --image-size=1.5G \
	gnu/system/install.scm

This was written back when 1.5G was higher than the default.

Now it's much lower and too small to store all the Guix.  However, 
the command completes ‘successfully’:

copying 422 store items  [#########:
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18 19 (fold #<procedure 1a60440 at ice-9/ftw.scm:452:38 
   (sub?> ?)
In unknown file:
          18 (_ #<procedure 1917270 at ice-9/ftw.scm:454:44 ()> 
          #<p?> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   452:32 17 (loop _ _ #(21 1706421 16749 3 0 0 0 4096 1548869386 
   ?) ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18 16 (fold #<procedure 1a60160 at ice-9/ftw.scm:452:38 
   (sub?> ?)
In unknown file:
          15 (_ #<procedure 1917240 at ice-9/ftw.scm:454:44 ()> 
          #<p?> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   452:32 14 (loop _ _ #(21 1739151 16749 3 0 0 0 4096 1548869386 
   ?) ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18 13 (fold #<procedure 1b8f8c0 at ice-9/ftw.scm:452:38 
   (sub?> ?)
In unknown file:
          12 (_ #<procedure 1b5bc90 at ice-9/ftw.scm:454:44 ()> 
          #<p?> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   452:32 11 (loop _ _ #(21 1772091 16749 13 0 0 0 4096 1548869389 
   ?) ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18 10 (fold #<procedure 1b8f280 at ice-9/ftw.scm:452:38 
   (sub?> ?)
In unknown file:
           9 (_ #<procedure 1a56750 at ice-9/ftw.scm:454:44 ()> 
           #<p?> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   452:32  8 (loop _ _ #(21 2132258 16749 98 0 0 0 4096 1548869432 
   ?) ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18  7 (fold #<procedure 140dd20 at ice-9/ftw.scm:452:38 
   (sub?> ?)
In unknown file:
           6 (_ #<procedure 19ea030 at ice-9/ftw.scm:454:44 ()> 
           #<p?> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   452:32  5 (loop _ _ #(21 4589344 16749 24 0 0 0 4096 1548869676 
   ?) ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18  4 (fold #<procedure 1969540 at ice-9/ftw.scm:452:38 
   (sub?> ?)
In unknown file:
           3 (_ #<procedure 1725750 at ice-9/ftw.scm:454:44 ()> 
           #<p?> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   482:39  2 (loop _ _ #(21 4589402 16749 3 0 0 0 4096 1548869687 
   ?) ?)
In ./guix/build/utils.scm:
   312:27  1 (_ 
   "/gnu/store/ricf82z3mqqrqim67jz3jlsglfm1g1a8-linux-?" ?)
In unknown file:
           0 (copy-file 
           "/gnu/store/ricf82z3mqqrqim67jz3jlsglfm1g1a?" ?)

ERROR: In procedure copy-file:
In procedure copy-file: No space left on device
^MESC[Kcopying 422 store items
boot program 
'/gnu/store/lbvrvrlqab4qpw9f907na445kppmknab-linux-vm-loader' 
terminated, rebooting
[ 1071.512054] Unregister pv shared memory for cpu 0
[ 1071.522414] reboot: Restarting system
[ 1071.542285] reboot: machine restart
successfully built 
/gnu/store/lbyq5790j5hfq3spbm76i1yw3sj41l8b-disk-image.drv
/gnu/store/dby523cy1l4wrqi8wwmk5ln9qr7g5mh8-disk-image

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from my GNU Emacs