Subject: bug#34276: closed (Re: bug#34276: ‘guixsystem disk-image’ successfully builds a bad image)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 22:59:02 +0000

Your bug report

#34276: ‘guix system disk-image’ successfully builds a bad image

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
34276: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34276
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#34276: ‘guix system disk-image’ successfully builds a bad image
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 23:57:53 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> The other option would be to create a special file in the 9p mount
> that’s shared with the host upon success, but that seems a bit hacky.

Turns out that was easily done and better than the status quo.
Done in commit be6520e6a58d7f6ee58f4cab76db9d1245410113!

Ludo’.

Subject: ‘guix system disk-image’successfully builds a bad image
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: Bug Guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 16:57:48 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hullo!

I wanted to install this ‘Guix’ thing that everyone's so hyped up 
about.

I have a small forgotten script in my ~/guix.git that runs:

  ./pre-inst-env guix system disk-image --fallback 
  --image-size=1.5G \
	gnu/system/install.scm

This was written back when 1.5G was higher than the default.

Now it's much lower and too small to store all the Guix.  However, 
the command completes ‘successfully’:

copying 422 store items  [#########:
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18 19 (fold #<procedure 1a60440 at ice-9/ftw.scm:452:38 
   (sub?> ?)
In unknown file:
          18 (_ #<procedure 1917270 at ice-9/ftw.scm:454:44 ()> 
          #<p?> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   452:32 17 (loop _ _ #(21 1706421 16749 3 0 0 0 4096 1548869386 
   ?) ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18 16 (fold #<procedure 1a60160 at ice-9/ftw.scm:452:38 
   (sub?> ?)
In unknown file:
          15 (_ #<procedure 1917240 at ice-9/ftw.scm:454:44 ()> 
          #<p?> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   452:32 14 (loop _ _ #(21 1739151 16749 3 0 0 0 4096 1548869386 
   ?) ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18 13 (fold #<procedure 1b8f8c0 at ice-9/ftw.scm:452:38 
   (sub?> ?)
In unknown file:
          12 (_ #<procedure 1b5bc90 at ice-9/ftw.scm:454:44 ()> 
          #<p?> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   452:32 11 (loop _ _ #(21 1772091 16749 13 0 0 0 4096 1548869389 
   ?) ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18 10 (fold #<procedure 1b8f280 at ice-9/ftw.scm:452:38 
   (sub?> ?)
In unknown file:
           9 (_ #<procedure 1a56750 at ice-9/ftw.scm:454:44 ()> 
           #<p?> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   452:32  8 (loop _ _ #(21 2132258 16749 98 0 0 0 4096 1548869432 
   ?) ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18  7 (fold #<procedure 140dd20 at ice-9/ftw.scm:452:38 
   (sub?> ?)
In unknown file:
           6 (_ #<procedure 19ea030 at ice-9/ftw.scm:454:44 ()> 
           #<p?> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   452:32  5 (loop _ _ #(21 4589344 16749 24 0 0 0 4096 1548869676 
   ?) ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18  4 (fold #<procedure 1969540 at ice-9/ftw.scm:452:38 
   (sub?> ?)
In unknown file:
           3 (_ #<procedure 1725750 at ice-9/ftw.scm:454:44 ()> 
           #<p?> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   482:39  2 (loop _ _ #(21 4589402 16749 3 0 0 0 4096 1548869687 
   ?) ?)
In ./guix/build/utils.scm:
   312:27  1 (_ 
   "/gnu/store/ricf82z3mqqrqim67jz3jlsglfm1g1a8-linux-?" ?)
In unknown file:
           0 (copy-file 
           "/gnu/store/ricf82z3mqqrqim67jz3jlsglfm1g1a?" ?)

ERROR: In procedure copy-file:
In procedure copy-file: No space left on device
^MESC[Kcopying 422 store items
boot program 
'/gnu/store/lbvrvrlqab4qpw9f907na445kppmknab-linux-vm-loader' 
terminated, rebooting
[ 1071.512054] Unregister pv shared memory for cpu 0
[ 1071.522414] reboot: Restarting system
[ 1071.542285] reboot: machine restart
successfully built 
/gnu/store/lbyq5790j5hfq3spbm76i1yw3sj41l8b-disk-image.drv
/gnu/store/dby523cy1l4wrqi8wwmk5ln9qr7g5mh8-disk-image

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from my GNU Emacs