Subject: [bug#34265] [PATCH 2/9] gnu: sexplib0: Update to 0.12-preview.120.18+252.

From: Gabriel Hondet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 09:22:35 +0100

Hello,

On Thu 31 Jan 2019 at 18:49 Gabriel Hondet wrote:

>> Tge libdir thing is worrying.
>
> Concerning the =libdir=, it seems that Jane Street installs by default
> everything to e.g. =lib/sexplib0/= directly (or =lib/ocaml/sexplib0= I
> don't remember), but not in =lib/ocaml/site-lib/=, resulting in
> libraries not found.

The new behaviour of dune is to follow the prefix given, see
[[https://dune.readthedocs.io/en/latest/usage.html#destination]].
As the prefix is given, findlib is not consulted and everything is
installed directly into =out/lib=.

So I guess we have to add the flag ~--libdir=(string-append (assoc-ref
%outputs "out") "/lib/ocaml/site-lib/")~ during the install phase

Or we can keep the installation process but modify the OCAMLPATH
variable to search not in =lib/ocaml/site-lib= but in =lib/=.

Gabriel