Subject: bug#34244: closed (Re: bug#34244: 27.0.50; Incorrect docs regarding the location of the pdump file)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 17:01:02 +0000

Your bug report

#34244: 27.0.50; Incorrect docs regarding the location of the pdump file

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
34244: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34244
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#34244: 27.0.50; Incorrect docs regarding the location of the pdump file
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: John Shahid <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 19:00:02 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: John Shahid <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 10:08:08 -0500
> 
> 
> 'doc/lispref/internals.texi' incorrectly state that the location of the
> pdmp file is the 'data-director' instead of 'exec'directory'
> 
> > The portable dump file is usually called @file{emacs.pdmp}, and is
> > installed in the Emacs @code{data-directory} (@pxref{Help Functions}).

Thanks, fixed.

Subject: 27.0.50; Incorrect docs regarding the location of the pdump file
From: John Shahid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 10:08:08 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

'doc/lispref/internals.texi' incorrectly state that the location of the
pdmp file is the 'data-director' instead of 'exec'directory'

> The portable dump file is usually called @file{emacs.pdmp}, and is
> installed in the Emacs @code{data-directory} (@pxref{Help Functions}).

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.2)
 of 2019-01-29 built on amun
Repository revision: 2f237cd7e508e71b04c6a5c295b86b0fb3fab4ea
Repository branch: save-excursion-tail-output
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12003000
System Description: Arch Linux

Recent messages:
Mark set
[mu4e] Found 139 matching messages
[mu4e] Found 70 matching messages
Mark set
Quit [3 times]
Mark set [2 times]
Quit
Mark set
Quit
Mark set
Quit
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/jvshahid/bin/emacs-27
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/jvshahid/.gvm/pkgsets/go1.11.1/global/overlay/lib/pkgconfig:'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON
CANNOT_DUMP LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: mu4e-headers

Minor modes in effect:
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  direnv-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-save-visited-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/jvshahid/.emacs.d/straight/build/jsonrpc/jsonrpc hides /home/jvshahid/bin/emacs-27/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/jsonrpc
/home/jvshahid/.emacs.d/straight/build/flymake/flymake hides /home/jvshahid/bin/emacs-27/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/progmodes/flymake
/home/jvshahid/.emacs.d/straight/build/cl-lib/cl-lib hides /home/jvshahid/bin/emacs-27/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-lib
/home/jvshahid/.emacs.d/straight/build/let-alist/let-alist hides /home/jvshahid/bin/emacs-27/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist
/home/jvshahid/.emacs.d/straight/build/seq/seq hides /home/jvshahid/bin/emacs-27/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq
/home/jvshahid/.emacs.d/straight/build/cl-generic/cl-generic hides /home/jvshahid/bin/emacs-27/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-generic

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug texinfo tramp-archive tramp-gvfs
zeroconf url-util dbus xml tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-compat
ucs-normalize bug-reference magit-extras magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode magit-core
magit-autorevert magit-process magit-margin magit-mode git-commit
magit-git magit-section magit-utils magit-popup crm log-edit pcvs-util
add-log with-editor yaml-mode dired-aux woman man helm-man helm-config
helm-easymenu async-bytecomp helm-eshell em-unix em-term term disp-table
ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl
em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-cmd esh-opt esh-io esh-ext
esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util helm-sys
sh-script smie executable windmove wgrep pulse help-fns misearch
multi-isearch vc-git diff-mode helm-ring pp mu4e desktop frameset
mu4e-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-view
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs browse-url gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader wid-edit
mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-context mu4e-draft mu4e-actions rfc2368
smtpmail sendmail mu4e-mark mu4e-message flow-fill mu4e-proc mu4e-utils
doc-view jka-compr image-mode mu4e-lists mu4e-vars message rmc puny
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader hl-line mu4e-meta helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug
backtrace helm-info helm-mode shell pcomplete parinfer-ext paredit
parinfer ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util ediff mode-local find-func parinferlib dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs paren battery cus-start cus-load flx-ido flx
floobits-autoloads highlight-autoloads arduino-mode-autoloads ede/auto
rust-mode-autoloads flycheck-clojure-autoloads cider-autoloads
sesman-autoloads spinner-autoloads queue-autoloads
clojure-mode-autoloads parinfer-autoloads paredit-autoloads
ginkgo-mode-autoloads go-rename-autoloads company-go-autoloads
go-eldoc-autoloads go-guru-autoloads go-mode-autoloads robe-autoloads
inf-ruby-autoloads rvm-autoloads eglot-autoloads flymake-autoloads
jsonrpc-autoloads company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags
multifile generator xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode
company-clang company-semantic company-eclim company-template
company-bbdb company company-autoloads emms-autoloads pianobar-autoloads
eshell-z-autoloads cl helm-projectile helm-files helm-tags helm-buffers
helm-grep helm-regexp format-spec helm-utils helm-locate helm-help
helm-types helm helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib
advice async helm-projectile-autoloads helm-autoloads
helm-core-autoloads popup-autoloads git-link-autoloads magit-autoloads
magit-popup-autoloads git-commit-autoloads exwm-randr xcb-randr
exwm-config ido exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage
exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core
xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug exwm-autoloads
xelb-autoloads cl-generic-autoloads tango-dark-theme server winner
edmacro kmacro autorevert filenotify savehist time direnv dash
projectile grep ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs direnv-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads async-autoloads edit-indirect-autoloads
concourse-mode-autoloads hierarchy-autoloads flx-ido-autoloads
flx-autoloads wgrep-autoloads flycheck-autoloads seq-autoloads
let-alist-autoloads dash-autoloads ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads
dockerfile-mode-autoloads s-autoloads yasnippet-snippets-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads protobuf-mode-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
yaml-mode-autoloads etags-select-autoloads projectile-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads debbugs-autoloads cl-lib-autoloads
finder-inf straight-autoloads rx compile comint ansi-color ring cl-extra
straight info autoload radix-tree lisp-mnt easy-mmode pcase subr-x
checkdoc thingatpt help-mode elec-pair mule-util package easymenu
epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1067818 466993)
 (symbols 48 43147 78)
 (strings 32 438630 101979)
 (string-bytes 1 21190990)
 (vectors 16 102939)
 (vector-slots 8 2125208 287624)
 (floats 8 416 718)
 (intervals 56 35797 8911)
 (buffers 992 69))