Subject: Re: 0e334db6bb4b1fd1e2d72c1f3d8f004313cd9f94 (posix-timers: Fix division by zero bug). Problems with glibc.

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 13:54:23 +0000

Hello, Thomas.

On Mon, Feb 04, 2019 at 17:25:11 +0000, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Feb 2019, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

[ .... ]

> > I've just built and installed Linux 4.19.19, and it does indeed solve
> > the Emacs profiler bug, #34235.  :-)

> > I see that the patch has been installed in 4.20.6, 4.19.19, and 4.14.97.
> > Are there any plans to install it into 4.9.x, the other live long term
> > support branch?  The reason I ask is to make an entry into Emacs's
> > PROBLEMS file, telling users and distributions which kernel versions to
> > upgrade to.

> 4.9 doesn't have the offending commit AFAICT.

OK, thanks very much!  I've put these three version numbers into the
message in Emacs's PROBLEMS file.

I think we're finished, now.

> Thanks,

> 	tglx

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).