Subject: bug#3423: 23.0.94; minor mode reset after .emacs

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 17:34:32 +0200

I have the following .emacs

  (defvar my-keys-mode-map (make-sparse-keymap))
  (define-minor-mode my-keys-mode "Just my own keys")
  (my-keys-mode 1)
  ;; (get 'my-keys-mode 'standard-value)
  ;; (get 'my-keys-mode 'saved-value)
  ;; fix-me: there is a bug somewhere...
  (defun my-tell-keys-mode ()
    (message "tell my-keys-mode =%s" my-keys-mode))
  (run-with-idle-timer 0 nil 'my-tell-keys-mode)
  (my-tell-keys-mode)

and get this in my *Messages*

  Adding c:/emacs/u/090523/EmacsW32/lisp/ to load-path
  tell my-keys-mode =t
  For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
  tell my-keys-mode =nil

Something has reset my-keys-mode. The value is nil (as I can see here now too).

I have no default.el and no site-start.el when doing this.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.94.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-05-23
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/g/include -fno-crossjumping'