Subject: Re: bug#34226: Running (defface my-face-foo ...) just after emacs -Q creates a face whose face-id is 0

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 20:14:17 -0400

tags 34226 fixed
close 34226 
quit

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> In emacs from git the faces that are created in the .emacs receive bad
>> face-ids - in particular, the first one gets face-id 0, which is the
>> same as the face-id for the "default" face.
>> 
>> I discovered this bug because the first face that my .emacs creates is
>> used to make "^O"s be displayed as red stars, and in git emacs these
>> red stars were not being displayed in red.
>> 
>> The shell script below creates an elisp file - with some code in its
>> comments meant be executed by hand - and loads and edits that elisp
>> file from both emacs24 and emacs-27.0.50 with "-Q" to show the (bad)
>> behaviour that I was getting from my .emacs.
>
> Thanks for the easy test case.  Should be fixed now.

No further comments, assuming it is fixed.

cd06d173a6 2019-01-28T17:24:04+02:00 "Fix bug with face-id after restoring from pdump"