Subject: Re: bug#3422: 23.0.94; window-height returns window buffer

From: Jason Rumney <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 21:59:19 +0800

Lennart Borgman wrote:
> I do not think I can reproduce this, but (window-height win) just
> returned the buffer win was displaying. I can reproduce it now, but I
> doubt I can when I have restarted Emacs.
>   

Are you saying that memory is corrupted such that the current window's 
total_lines member holds a buffer?

> This was with my patched Emacs, but there is no patches in window.c.

It doesn't matter where your patches are if they are causing the memory 
corruption.

>  I
> suspect that this has something to do with frame creation since I have
> seen many crashes there. Another possibility is w32 resources. I see a
> steady increase in GDI Objects in Windows Task Manager and when that
> starts to get high very strange things can happen (though it is
> perhaps some other resource that is depleted).
>   

What are you doing when you see this steady increase? Do you also see it 
in the current pretest or CVS trunk?