Subject: bug#34219: libtool cannot statically link dependencies into shared C++ library

From: Ulya Trofimovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 22:31:46 +0000

> Usually people are using MinGW64 GCC to build DLLs for Windows.  What
> GCC are you using?  Is this a native Windows build or are you
> cross-compiling?

I am cross-compiling with Mingw:

$ i686-w64-mingw32-gcc --version
i686-w64-mingw32-gcc (Gentoo 7.3.0-r4 p1.6) 7.3.0
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE.

Original example in my email was built natively with this GCC:

$ gcc --version
gcc (Gentoo 8.2.0-r2 p1.2) 8.2.0
Copyright (C) 2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE.

-- 
Ulya