Subject: bug#34211: error running container: mingetty cannot find ttys

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 18:19:52 +0100

Hello,

Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> I'll try to remove term-tty[1..6] manually from services declaration, if
> I manage to "manually" solve this I'll report here

I tried but failed, I'm removing both mingetty and console-font from
%base-services list:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  (services (cons* (service dhcp-client-service-type)
		   (service openssh-service-type
                            (openssh-configuration
			     (x11-forwarding? #t)
                             (permit-root-login 'without-password)
                             (authorized-keys
                              `(("gbiscuolo" ,(local-file "ssh-authorized-keys/gbiscuolo.pub"))))
                             (port-number 22)))
		   (remove (lambda (service)
			     (eq? (service-kind service) mingetty-service-type)
			     (eq? (service-kind service) console-font-service-type))
			   %base-services))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

but term-tty[1..6] and console-font-tty[1..6] processes still get
installed and started by herd

please any hint on how to "manually" remove those two failing services?

Thanks!
Giovanni

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures