Subject: bug#3420: 23.0.94; Printing error on HP Laserjet 6L

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:03:55 +0300

> From: Christoph Conrad <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 08:16:14 +0200
> 
> Hi Jason,
> 
> > (format "%s" 1.1)
> 
> Emacs 22.2.1:    "1.1"
> Emacs 23.0.94.1: "1.0"

??? Really?  In my Emacs 23.0.94 it produces "1.1".  "1.0" is in
itself a bug, not sure if it can be related to the original problem or
not.

> I am a software developer and also able to use the emacs lisp debugger.
> So if you instruct me where to look i can also give more detailed
> information.

I suspect some locale-related problem, whereby a decimal point is
printed as a comma.  Can you change the Windows locale (this _is_
Windows, right?) to ENU and see if that makes the problem go away?

Alternatively, look through ps-print.el, find where it produces the
lines that differ, and try debugging to find out where does the comma
come from.

Thanks.