Subject: bug#34197: 24.5; VC Subversion interface does not work if subvesion uses passtype gpg-agent

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 13:18:26 +0100

Lars Madsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> My problem is explained here
>
> https://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/47396/21457
>
> Basically when subversion uses passtype gpg-agent then emacs cannot
> communicate with subversion as long as `--non-interactive` is being
> used (in vc-svn-global-switches)
>
> Switching it to `--force-interactive` worked for me.
>
> Note I have no issues when subversion is using passtype simple (aka
> plaintext password)

(This bug report unfortunately got no response at the time.)

I'm not quite sure what's to be done here -- if altering
vc-svn-global-switches to fit your needs fixes the problem, is there
anything to be done on the Emacs side?  Could Emacs auto-detect this
situation somehow?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no