Subject: bug#34196: 27.0.50; tramp hangs on wrong password with global-auto-revert-mode

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 18:25:14 +0100

Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Aaron,

>> It appears that the hang happens when (expand-file-name
>> default-directory) is hit within auto-revert-notify-add-watch for the
>> tramp buffer: /sudo:[email-masked]
>
> For now, I am working around this with:
>
> (add-to-list 'global-auto-revert-ignore-modes 'fundamental-mode)
>
> Though that doesn't seem like it should be necessary.

For the records, I've seen the bug report, and I could reproduce
it. Since I'm in a transition phase with Tramp, reworking
accept-process-output usage, it will take some days until I could
handle. Don't despair :-)

> Aaron

Best regards, Michael.