Subject: bug#34192: 26.1; Bash 5.0 breaks TRAMP sudo

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 11:38:06 +0100

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Allen,

>> Reproducing in a container, anyone else on Arch Linux should be able
>> to follow this.
>
> Thanks. I've downloaded bash 5.0 from the ftp server, compiled and
> installed it. In a bash shell, I could reproduce the problem, playing
> the commands Tramp has emitted.
>
> Well, I wrote a bash bug report. Let's see what they'll answer.

I've got an answer from the bash maintainer. He confirms the problem,
and he has sent also a patch. I've tested the patch; it fixes the
problem in my environment with bash 5.0.

Will forward that message. So we have to wait for a new bash 5.0.x
version which fixes this. In the meantime, I'll write a warning in the
Tramp doc.

Thanks again for your testing, and best regards, Michael.