Subject: Re: bug#3419: 23.0.94; calc, calendar and temp-buffer-resize-mode

From: Leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 16:57:12 +0100

On 2009-05-30 03:15 +0100, Jay Belanger wrote:
> I've never used temp-buffer-resize-mode before, but if it's supposed to
> make a window a better size for displaying a temporary buffer, I'm
> surprised it doesn't change anything back when the buffer is killed or
> hidden.  In this case, I'm not sure it's Calc's job to keep track of why
> it changed its window size.  Perhaps an option "Always start Calc with
> the initial window height" might be helpful.

I have started looking for a workaround to save me doing (setq
calc-window-height 7) all the time. I am thinking of using
calc-end-hook, however it is located right in the middle of calc-quit.
So I cannot use the following:

    (add-hook 'calc-end-hook
              (lambda ()
                (setq calc-window-height 7)))

But it seems to me that moving the hook to the very end of calc-quit is
better than putting it in the middle. Do you recall any reason why this
is not the case? Thank you.

-- 
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .: I use Emacs :.