Subject: bug#3419: closed (Re: bug#3419: 23.0.94; calc, calendar and temp-buffer-resize-mode)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 13:19:02 +0000

Your bug report

#3419: 23.0.94; calc, calendar and temp-buffer-resize-mode

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
3419: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=3419
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#3419: 23.0.94; calc, calendar and temp-buffer-resize-mode
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 15:18:29 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

 > 1. Emacs -Q
 > 2. (temp-buffer-resize-mode t)
 > 3. M-x calc
 > 4. h h
 >
 > You will notice that calc-window-height is changed to a much larger
 > value. Calendar also has this similar problem but it can restore to its
 > default height after restarting itself.
 >
 > GNU Emacs 23.0.94.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.7.0, NS apple-appkit-949.46) of
 >  2009-05-23 on 200.sub-75-216-116.myvzw.com

With Emacs 24.3 `temp-buffer-resize-mode' should no longer resizes a window
that formerly showed another buffer.  Bug closed.

For any related problems that have been discussed in the thread of this
bug please make a new report.

Thanks, martin

Subject: 23.0.94; calc, calendar and temp-buffer-resize-mode
From: Leo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 20:03:11 +0100

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

Packages such as calc or calendar that use a small window does not play
well with temp-buffer-resize-mode. i.e. their windows get enlarged by
temp-buffer-resize-mode. In the case of calc, the size change is
permanent.

1. Emacs -Q
2. (temp-buffer-resize-mode t)
3. M-x calc
4. h h

You will notice that calc-window-height is changed to a much larger
value. Calendar also has this similar problem but it can restore to its
default height after restarting itself.

GNU Emacs 23.0.94.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.7.0, NS apple-appkit-949.46) of
 2009-05-23 on 200.sub-75-216-116.myvzw.com

Best wishes,

Leo