Subject: bug#3419: 23.0.94; calc, calendar and temp-buffer-resize-mode

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 11:05:45 +0200

>> (defvar display-buffer--other-window-action
>>   '((display-buffer-reuse-window
>>      display-buffer--special
>>      display-buffer-pop-up-window)
>>     (inhibit-same-window . t)))
>
> Isn't this the default behavior?  Try reusing a window showing the
> buffer, try the special stuff, try popping up a new window, try reusing
> another window?

As I understand from window.el, the default behavior in
`display-buffer-fallback-action' is to try first
`display-buffer--maybe-same-window', that uses
`display-buffer-same-window' where a non-nil `inhibit-same-window'
prohibits it from using the same window.

BTW, do you think it's possible for `calc' to use a single
`display-buffer' call with a display action so that users could easily
override its default *Calc* window displaying behavior?