Subject: bug#3419: 23.0.94; calc, calendar and temp-buffer-resize-mode

From: Jay Belanger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:56:17 -0500

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:
...
> When I type `M-x calc RET h h', it displays the *Help* window in the
> Calc window that is too small to read comfortably the Help buffer.
>
> That's because I have in .emacs:
> (add-to-list 'same-window-buffer-names "*Help*")
>
> Is it possible to display the Help buffer in another window in this case
> when `h h' is typed in the Calc window?

I'm not sure what you want, since you are explicitly telling Emacs to
display Help in the same window.  Is that line from your .emacs for some
other *Help* buffer, and you never want the Calc help to appear in the
same window?  Perhaps if the Calc help were named "*Calc Help*" (or
better, perhaps, using a variable to determine the name,
`calc-help-buffer-name' or somesuch).  That wouldn't be hard, but
perhaps should wait until after 24.1.

Jay