Subject: bug#34180: 27.0.50; argv[0] used incorrectly to find the .pdmp

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 17:10:27 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>,  Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,
>   [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 12:51:00 +0200
> 
> Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I'd rather get out of the business of mucking with executable files
> > even if it means we have a bit of extra complexity arising from having
> > to deal with out-of-band pdmp files.
> 
> Not mucking with the executable files is a definite plus, but on the
> other hand -- having a self-contained emacs executable again would also
> be really attractive.

But I agree with Daniel that the former is more important than the
latter.  If we do find a way of achieving the latter without risking
the former, then sure.