Subject: bug#34179: 27.0.50; message hangs when buffer with process visible

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 19:22:23 +0100

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> If you see nothing related to that function in *Messages* could you
> try removing the line
>
>         (with-demoted-errors "Error adjusting window size: %S"
>
> and its closing paren in 'window--adjust-process-windows' and see if
> an error shows through?

That makes no difference.

I think `window--adjust-process-windows' finishes without error.  My
impression is that it's something that it does that causes the hang
later.  When I use debug-on-quit, window--adjust-process-windows is not
in the Lisp backtrace.

When I trace 'window--adjust-process-windows', I don't see unnaturally
many calls of that function, so it also doesn't seem to be part of some
kind of infloop.

Michael.