Subject: bug#34179: 27.0.50; message hangs when buffer with process visible

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 09:32:29 +0100

> Seems to work as well, thanks.

Hardly the final solution.  I cannot bind 'inhibit-redisplay' when
running window change functions as x_consider_frame_title does.  Hence
I need some different mechanism to disable the effect of the
resize_mini_window call in do_switch_frame.  Currently, I experiment
with shrinking all minibuffer windows but that of the selected frame
in echo_area_display and not resize from do_switch_frame at all.  But
I don't like that solution.  As soon as I have something useful I'll
ask you to try it.

 > FWIW is experience a quit coming from nowhere sometimes, but it's
 > probably not related (I saw it before installing your last patch, but I
 > think it started around the same time as this issue).  I remember
 > closing some frame or window and getting a quit.  Maybe my own fault,
 > dunno.

It might be well related.  How do you typically "close" a frame?  And
what precisely does it mean for you to "get a quit"?  "Quit" displayed
in the echo area and the cursor remaining there?

Thanks again, martin