Subject: bug#34176: X200 kernel panic on S3 resume (linux-libre > 4.18.9)

From: Mike Gerwitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 07:14:15 -0500

reopen 34176
thanks

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 10:34:11 -0500, Mike Gerwitz wrote:
> Sorry, I take that back.  I could have sworn it did resolve the issue,
> but that does not seem to be the case.
>
> This seems unrelated to powertop; `auto' seems to be the default setting
> of /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/power/control, which is reset on reboot.  In
> any case, setting it to `on' does not solve my suspend issue.

Okay, the value of `control' makes no difference.  I just accidentally
closed my laptop on 4.20.3-gnu and it resumed.  I'm _not_ on a minimal
system---I have all my usual services running.

I have to go to work shortly, so I'll play around with it a little more
later tonight and see if e.g. plugging in my Nitrokey (actually using
the USB hub) had an effect.  With that said, I use my Nitrokey every day
(but I did _not_ use it most of the times I was trying to debug this
issue) and I thought I've had suspend issues with it before.  I guess
we'll see.

-- 
Mike Gerwitz