Subject: bug#34172: 27.0.50; async-shell-command-buffer value is not honored in dired under Tramp

From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 17:43:30 +0300

1) emacs -Q -nw

2) Eval this: (setq async-shell-command-buffer 'rename-buffer)

3) Run async shell command (M-&) with this: "while true; do echo 'sleep
1 s'; sleep 1; done".  It creates buffer *Async Shell Command*

4) Run it again, it correctly renames original buffer into ...<2> and
runs (second) command being launched in *Async Shell Command*

5) Then open dired via tramp, I used this: /sudo:root@localhost:/tmp

6) From this dired buffer, repeat steps 3 and 4.  At step 4 I'm asked
whether I want to kill existing running command, which would correspond
to async-shell-command-buffer set to `confirm-kill-process' (but it has
different value).

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0, NS appkit-1671.20 Version 10.14.2 (Build 18C54))
 of 2019-01-22 built on fgunbin.local
Repository revision: c580081578edf8663e80cd86a1b4de377be58dc1
Repository branch: master
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.14.2