Subject: bug#34158: dnscrypt hash failed

From: Meiyo Peng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 20:01:29 +0800

Hi Björn,

Björn Höfling writes:

> Someone needs to update the package. I'm not sure, is this the same:
>
> https://dnscrypt.info/
> https://github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy

Dnscrypt-proxy 2 (dnscrypt.info) is very different from dnscrypt-proxy 1
(dnscrypt.org).  Their config files are incompatible.  They are both
developed by Frank Denis (github/jedisct1).  Frank abandoned the
original dnscrypt-proxy 1 project (written in C) and wrote
dnscrypt-proxy 2 from scratch (written in go).  Dnscrypt-proxy 2 has a
cleaner config file and supports more feature (DNS-over-HTTPS etc.).

Dnscrypt-proxy 1 has been abandoned for a long time.  I suggest we
upgrade to dnscrypt-proxy 2.

--
Meiyo Peng
https://www.pengmeiyu.com/