Subject: Re: bug#34138: 27.0.50; Delayed display of PDF file images

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 18:08:05 +0200

> From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 16:51:41 +0100
> 
> That makes sense.  (Actually, I had mentioned keyboard input with
> reference to pdf-view-mode, where the delay is quite long; with
> doc-view-mode the delay is only a few seconds, so I hadn't try using the
> keyboard, but now I did and it did in fact then immediately switch to
> the "Welcome to DocView!" display briefly before displaying the image,
> so keyboard input appears to have an effect with doc-view-mode as well.)
> 
> > If you configure blink-cursor-mode to never stop blinking, does the
> > problem go away, per chance?
> 
> No, that made no difference either with doc-view-mode or with
> pdf-view-mode.

Hmm... can you attach the debugger to Emacs during that delay, and
show both C backtrace and Lisp backtrace?