Subject: Re: bug#34138: 27.0.50; Delayed display of PDF file images

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 23:20:06 +0100

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 18:21:40 +0100 Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 18:13:41 +0200 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>
>> Most of the traces come from the code that invokes timers, so I think
>> you have timers running which eventually trigger redisplay, something
>> that doesn't happen on Andreas's machine.  That might explain why you
>> see the image after a short delay, while Andreas needs to manually
>> trigger redisplay for that.
>
> Ah, that seems likely.  I do have several timers running, I'll see if I
> can deactivate them and whether that results in no image display.

Starting with -Q to avoid the timers (as Andreas pointed out to me and I
should have been doing all along) and disabling blink-cursor-mode and
global-eldoc-mode, I can now confirm that the PDF buffer displays raw
PDF indefinitely, until I force redisplay with keyboard input (M-x, n,
etc).

Steve Berman