Subject: bug#34138: 27.0.50; Delayed display of PDF file images

From: Andreas Politz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 12:04:38 +0100

I can reproduce this: Opening a PDF in the latest Emacs version requires
an extra redisplay for the image to appear, e.g. by entering the
minibuffer.

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> 'display-buffer-split-below-and-attach' calls 'window--display-buffer'
> with a fifth argument and that has been changed in another commit.

I really wish this function would be part of the public API. Or else,
what is the best way to implement a function like
display-buffer-mark-dedicated ?

>> In addition, in pdf-view-mode this appears in *Message*:
>> Error during redisplay: (eval (pdf-misc-size-indication)) signaled
>> (error "Invalid image specification: nil").
>
> This should come from the 'image-display-size' call in
> 'pdf-view-image-size'.  Could you get a backtrace for it?

Right, the function pdf-misc-size-indication assumes the existence of a
displayed image in the selected window.

Andreas