Subject: bug#34116: 27.0.50; minibuffer-force-complete-and-exit mostly broken

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:18:22 +0000

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Yes, it elegantly fixes this bug, but complicates #34077.
>
> I don't see why.  Can you explain?

If I do that, then C-M-i will still cycle/rotate after completing say,
'/emacs/sr' to '/emacs/src', which means that
completion-all-sorted-completions, used by the prospects, listing is
still forcibly cached by minibuffer-force-complete.

The reason it shouldn't be, IMO, is that the result is I will now see
'{src | libsrc}' as candidates, instead of seeing the files under
emacs/src/.  The problem is really that now I can't know if those are
actual dirs emacs/src/src emacs/src/libsrc.

You could argue that's just my personal preference and the cycling still
makes sense, so I put this new behaviour is a separate command
icomplete-force-complete as a compromise.  But with your technique I
can't implement it properly.

João