Subject: bug#34115: coreutils v. 8.30– Document's content gets deleted using cat(1)

From: Ricky Tigg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 13:53:24 +0100

Hi. On *Fedora Desktop 29*,  using *GNU bash*, v. 4.4.23(1), in a *GUI*
terminal emulator – *gnome-terminal* was used – under your home directory,
create if not present file *.inputrc* a follow:

$ cat > .inputrc
set enable-bracketed-paste on

Press *Return*, then *Ctrl D*.

$ cat .inputrc
set enable-bracketed-paste on

*Copy* the first two-lined command at once then *paste* it into a *GUI*
text editor – *Gedit* was used –. .Log out from the terminal's session,
then log in as same user. Results are:

$ cat > .inputrc
set enable-bracketed-paste on
$ cat .inputrc
$

Content of *.inputrc*,  which is expected to be still present, has been
deleted.
Regards.