Subject: 27.0.50: pdumper and themes with Emacs daemon

From: Karl Otness <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 11:15:54 +0000

I have some issues with theme loading with recent master (978cf88) in
daemon mode. The problem seems to have been introduced with pdumper in
d12e5d00. This is on an Arch Linux system.

After starting an Emacs daemon I see messages about invalid faces:
"face-attribute: Invalid face: tooltip".

The error seems to be signaled from xfaces.c:1866 and called through
`frame-notice-user-settings', and `frame-set-background-mode' all
working with the initial frame F1.

After connecting my first (graphical GTK) client some of my theme
settings have not been applied. In my case, the default face is plain
black text. Doing another manual `load-theme' fixes the settings.

To reproduce with recent master, load a theme in init.el for example
"(load-theme 'wombat)", start a new daemon (I was using fg-daemon) and
connect a client. The messages buffer should have the error message. I
manage to reproduce with an init.el that is just the `load-theme'
call.

I'm also getting a crash with `report-emacs-bug' that looks like
bug#34051, so here are the features manually:

"XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON
CANNOT_DUMP LCMS2 GMP"

Thanks,
Karl