Subject: bug#34073: 26.1; Missing documentation for minor mode hook behavior

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 00:57:53 +0200

Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:

> I didn't mean the docstring of define-minor-mode, I meant the docstring
> of the mode it defines.

Yes, that makes sense.  I just had a look at a random one of these:

---

auto-image-file-mode is an autoloaded interactive Lisp function in
‘image-file.el’.

(auto-image-file-mode &optional ARG)

  Probably introduced at or before Emacs version 21.1.

Toggle visiting of image files as images (Auto Image File mode).

If called interactively, enable Auto-Image-File mode if ARG is positive, and
disable it if ARG is zero or negative.  If called from Lisp,
also enable the mode if ARG is omitted or nil, and toggle it
if ARG is ‘toggle’; disable the mode otherwise.

An image file is one whose name has an extension in
‘image-file-name-extensions’, or matches a regexp in
‘image-file-name-regexps’.

---

It doesn't mention the hook at all...  which I guess it could do?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no