Subject: bug#34029: closed (close)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 16:50:04 +0000

Your bug report

#34029: 26.1; ada-mode 6.0.0 and multi-line trailing comments

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
34029: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34029
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: close
From: Stephen Leake <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 09:49:34 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

-- 
-- Stephe

Subject: 26.1; ada-mode 6.0.0 and multi-line trailing comments
From: Ludovic Brenta <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:19:11 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: Emacs
Version: 26.1
X-Debbugs-CC: [email-masked]
Severity: minor

Hello,

When reindenting the code below, ada-mode indents the line marked
[WRONG], aligning its comment delimiter is aligned under that of the
preceding line.  It is my understanding that possibly "this is a
feature, not a bug" and that inserting a blank line after the
"warning" line corrects the probkel but we'd like to have an option
to disable this behavior; we have a very large code base and mass-
reindentation can break some carefully-formatted comments without
the developer noticing.

As an additional bad side-effect, comments like [WRONG] below can
easily exceed the line length limit in our coding standard.

Thanks for considering.

procedure Foo is
begin
   Call_This_Other_Procedure (Bar, Baz); -- warning: finalizes Baz
                                         -- [WRONG] The reason why we 
need to call this procedure as the first step is because...
   Now_Do_The_Real_Processing;
end Foo;

-- 
Ludovic Brenta.