Subject: [bug#34020] [PATCH 0/2] Re-purpose '--verbosity' to something useful

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 14:31:45 +0100

Hello Guix!

These patches re-purposes ‘--verbosity’ so that it better matches
user expectations.  The previous ‘--verbosity’ option, which is
about the daemon’s debugging output, is renamed to ‘--debug’.
In addition, ‘--verbosity’ now has a shorthand ‘-v’.

Most commands that build stuff support -v/--verbosity so users can
easily override the default verbosity level.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (2):
  status: Add 'with-status-verbosity'.
  guix build: Re-purpose '--verbosity' and add '--debug'.

 .dir-locals.el                 |   1 +
 build-aux/run-system-tests.scm |   4 +-
 doc/guix.texi                  |  30 +++++---
 guix/scripts/build.scm         | 134 +++++++++++++++++----------------
 guix/scripts/environment.scm   |  14 +++-
 guix/scripts/pack.scm          |  14 +++-
 guix/scripts/package.scm       |  23 ++++--
 guix/scripts/pull.scm          |  12 ++-
 guix/scripts/system.scm        |  18 +++--
 guix/status.scm                |  17 ++++-
 10 files changed, 165 insertions(+), 102 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1