Subject: Re: bug#34014: 25.2; binding down mouse event with modifier to mouse-drag-region does not work

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 13:26:53 +0000

[Resending to include the Emacs bug tracker address.
 Please remember to use "Reply to all".]

Adolf Mathias <[email-masked]> writes:

> OK,  ready to do something for the community.

I'm looking forward to see what you come up with.

> However, I currently do not know what you mean with
> mouse-drag-copy-region.

mouse-drag-copy-region is a variable defined in ‘mouse.el’.  You should
be able to find it using `C-h v mouse-drag-copy-region'.

> Do you mean my mouse-stay-and-copy? Or do you mean mouse-drag-region,
> which is bound to drag-mouse-1?

> And I am still curious why mouse-drag-track has stopped working the
> way I expect it to.

There were many changes in the relevant code between Emacs 23 and 24.
I had a cursory look but could not find any immediately suspect commits.
If you have cloned the Emacs git repository, you could use the following
command, and see if you have better luck than me:

   git log emacs-23.1..emacs-24.1 lisp/mouse.el

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas